OFF: "Helpful tips for BOC users - serious mail"

Mon Mar 11 17:20:00 EST 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Michael W Blackman wrote:

> If you find non related topics bothersome to your inbox try this
>
> in the BOC registry
> http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=boc-l&A=1
>
> >>scroll down the page once you have arrived there <<
>
> you will see a check box that says >>> Other (messages with unknown topic)
>
> If you unselect this check box (( click on it so there is no arrow ))
>
> you will only recieve posts that are related eg: HW - BOC - ADMIN - brain -
> NIK
>
> try it
>
> its easy - painless - and some will find that their tubes of preperation H
> will go much further thus saving money.... Whatever that means - I'm not sure

        You don't really have the idea yet, do you? When the good Mr
Gilham informed you that this was not a chat room he was not messing you
about. You keep calling it a chat list, but it's not. And only the most
uptight would mind a little deviation from strict topic, but I myself like
BOC-L for its content, the information, the things I learn. Also the
things that make me laugh. Almost everyone who posts to the list provides
one or the other. Can you please learn one of them at least (hint: I don't
think Python quotes or toilet humour really enhance things much)?

        I enclose below an old message from the good Mr Ben Cohen who
presumably blocked <michelangelo68 at ozemail.au.com> a long time ago and
posted you something similar anyway, but because I care (!) here it
is (again). It's do to with what OFF is as far as this list goes. Please
please take it on board. Yours,
                                Jon

--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)