OFF: trivia Q (was: Lucky Leif revisited)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 12 02:54:33 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:20:58 EST, Bob Lennon <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> wrote:
>Eno?

We have a winner!  He performs on them all.

>I know he's on the Cale LP's, Lady June's (I always thought that was a
>funny LP, but a real fart musically)

It's a weird one.  The kind of thing I enjoy when I'm in the mood for the
whimsical side of Kevin Ayers (the main musician on the album) or Daevid
Allen.

>and Manzanera at least

... all good stuff IMO.  The Nico album is almost proto-Goth (she's
spookier than Siouxie, that's for sure), and the Wyatt (including Matching
Mole) albums are good examples of how fusion didn't *have* to be a boring,
head-up-its-ass genre (but no one was paying attention, so it was, oh well).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com

>> Matching Mole - 'Little Red Record'
++ Robert Calvert - 'Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters'
>> John Cale - 'Fear'
>> Nico - 'The End'
>> Lady June Campbell-Cramer - 'Lady June's Linguistic Leprosy'
>> John Cale - 'Slow Dazzle'
>> Robert Wyatt - 'Ruth is Stranger than Richard'
>> Phil Manzanera - 'Diamond Head'
++ Robert Calvert - 'Lucky Leif and the Longships'