BOC: "World Without End" and Shakespeare

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Tue Mar 12 08:57:23 EST 2002

>There is also a painting at The Met in NYC by Max
>Ernst called "Revolution
>By Night." You can see it here:
>
>http://www.ze-card.com/images/ernst/ernst7.htm
>
>Brian

Not really related, but I'm reading the Neil Gaiman novel "Good Omens" right now.  There's a part where a Hell's Angel comes face to face with Death and says something to the affect of, "I saw you on the cover of that Blue Oyster Cult album".  (I'm paraphrasing)

Gaiman's newest novel, "American Gods", also put me in mind of BOC in a way, because it's about all the "old gods" and legends that immigrants brought with them from other countries fighting for their survival against America's new gods. . . technology, capitalism and the like.  There's not any connection to Old Gods Return or anything, but I was reading the book when Curse of the Hidden Mirror came out, so it just kinda struck me that way.

--Nick