OFF:"Helpful tips for dealing with THE OOZE"--Quickfire round

Wed Mar 13 05:55:11 EST 2002

        Mike,
              you're still in this game, for sure... I'll see your:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:10:04PM -0600, Johnny Blade typed out:
> "Johnny" (you know he's a spider)- (calmly appears on-scene and can be
> witnessed rolling up sleeves)- THEN-(with an overdone air of satisfaction
> and something almost like pleasure)-Pusht! Pffft Pusht! Pffff  Pusht!
> (shake shake shake) PFfff (droop, escaping air sound)  (gag, cough, choke
> choke)(sudden look of concern)(waving and flailing)  ...Michael
> quick!.(cough)..this 1978 can of vintage "Over To You" whoop-ass only had
> enough to throw up a screen, and besides that it wouldn't save you or me
> anyway if we don't run,,,,,so RUN! (extends hand )(picture the first
> Sabbath LP cover for Johnny's likeness)(or is that Johnnie?)...(conversing
> to Michael as they run like silly school pranksters out too late on
> Halloween, in jumpy, out-of-breath, slightly panicked but somehow excited
> tone) "boy you really pick some great ones to annoy in here,  alien dude" .
> "what's your excuse?  mmmm?", and "this one's costing you since I couldn't
> find your buddies anywhere in sight"...."lucky I had a long-sleeve shirt
> on or else my elbow grease wouldn't have 'looked right' in the illusion"
> anyway, lets go practice our
> BOC-L nettiquette, I nabbed a bunch of Doug P's old messages, so we'll have
> a good model of most of the major "moves", and I think we got some
> "swazzlie" ones in there too!!" (still lumbering away as out-of-breath
> pants increase, gait slowing a bit)....
> "and your timing man"..."PHEW"!  lol!  "lets head back to Yahoo list and
> make a wishbone out of Layla and see who wins?" that'll be good to clear
> your mind, then we can buckle down and study all these cool tricks that
> some BOC-L'ers are applying so mightily fast and with lightning sharp
> precision!" ....."like restraint!"  "I can't WAIT to know that one" (now
> becomming tiny bodies out beyond BOC-L and far enough away to escape the
> danger)....for now,,...
> (the tiny faint faint faint glowing of JUNIORS EYES is all but dimimished
> to nothing as the tiny bouncing dots are only seen when he turns back to
> speak at the one posing as a wizard dude dude, who is anxious to shed the
> "stume", and to clean up the scattered pics before someone looks in there:-)
> ps - to THE REAL JON....Hi,,I had forgotten this is a (subject oriented)
> DISCUSSION list myself, since I am so used to the daily lunacy of the other
> one's I am on...I CAME, I READ, I UNDERSTOOD....MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!
> cheers
> must go now to -"lose the ooze" LOL haha (nothing to do with BOC-L in
> origin, but applied here)

        and raise you a:

        The wizard began to fade and was as suddenly gone. Johnny felt
deflated; everyone was so happy when the wizard walked by. But suddenly he
sensed a presence behind him, a flickering in and out of washes out
eerie-cloured focus, in the shape of a man moving trans-dimensionally. The
figure solidified briefly, and spoke to him with a knowing smile.

        "You're looking lost, Johnny. Have they craked your shell? Or are
you just being hatched?"

        "I don't know man. I was just swinging my chain, and
suddenly--"... he gestured, emptily, at the floor, the cigarette butts,
the jars of cream half-empty, the coffee-mugs he couldn't remember
drinking from. "I don't know how long I've been here. It's become my
home."

        "That's what happens when you get in a tight spot," replied the
figure, still washed with the phenomenon of luminosity. "And if you're in
a situation like that, there's only one thing you can do."

        "You mean... " said Johnny, raising the hand which held the
spray-can, the "Poopy" label hanging off on one side.

        "No man, there's no time for that. No two ways about with a broke
wishbone. You have the advantage of um, informay-shun. Long-distance
information. Remember, these are strange days."

        "I don't get it, man," said Johnny. "The restraints are too close.
My mind is going, I can feel it... Everyone is telling me, `I am not
interested in anything you have to say'... they are trying to rob us of
our right to communicate...."

        "It's so easy, " said the figure as his colours began to weaken
and his outline shaded off into the gloom. "It's a matter of transcending
the norm. The media is the massage. It is an existence, within
co-existence, it is not an entity. All you have to do is
contribute. Who are the brain police?"

        Johnny boggled for a moment then, as the figure faded out
completely it came to him. "Of course! We are the survivors! The eternal
survivors! Androgynous energies, travelling through time! Come on
people! I ain't going down to Heathrow by myself. It's light specific
data, as long as the data's there whose lights you see it in is their
problem! Stand back! I'm going to fly from the glory of the Blade!"

        And with that he twisted through half a dimension, became flat
enough to pass down a fibre-optic cable and was gone down the ethernet, to
an INBOX near you. He'll be back. In fact, I don't think he ever
left... yours,
                Jon

ObCD: Inner City Unit - _Passout_
ObChanceofAnotherMailBeingAnsweredInsideTenDaysOfSentDate: <3%
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk