HW: (perhaps) OFF: (more likely) Pharaoh Overlord, Mike Gunn

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Mar 13 21:38:28 EST 2002

Quickly...

I noticed that John Perez is now offering the Circle offshoot (even more
mind-numbingly hypno-krautrockish stuff than Circle themselves) Pharaoh
Overlord's 1st CD for $12 at his www.brainticket.com site.  Note also that
this is the guy/label that will release the revised version of Farflung's
Myth of Solid Ground, and has a number of Cranium releases licensed for the
US.  And also MandraGora Lightshow Society.  And soon to be a second Liquid
Sound Company.  So potentially lots of things of boc-ler interest I might
imagine.

And a quick note that I just saw a CD copy of Mike Gunn's Durban Poison
(with more stuff from another old LP of theirs) up on ebay.com.  This is the
band that spawned psych-droners Charalambides and heavy-psychsters Linus
Pauling Quartet, and now is related to Hawkwind (in perhaps more ways than
one?) since one guy from Mike Gunn now plays in Primordial Undermind (Austin
TX version), a band that just recently featured (in the San Francisco
version) one Doug Pearson, responsible to some unknown extent for
(recording, mastering, releasing?) California Brainstorm (which is also up
on ebay in several places) and for certain bits of insight about great
albums that you have to 60% ignore to enjoy.  :)

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Does anybody have any recommendations for Psychotic Waltz?  I have
both of Dan Rock's post-PW Darkstar CDs and like them quite a bit and have
heard good things about the now defunct PW.  Is stuff of theirs oop and/or
hard to find?  BTW, I just snagged the Sampler CD by Cardiacs which will be
my first taste of them finally.  Still waiting to hear about Bic's upcoming
Mikrokosmos CD on the "All My Eye And Betty Martin Music" label.  Note that
the Darkstar above of Dan Rock is no relation to the UK Darkstar that
featured Bic Hayes so recently.  Don't get me started!  :)