HW: Mr Beardy's Quim

Tony Wilson twilson at GMX.CO.UK
Thu Mar 14 10:18:02 EST 2002

but in your original post you said
>If I'd never heard
> Hawkwind, or Alien Planetscapes, I'd think it was fantastic

Implying that that only reason you didn't enjoy this band was that they were
to similar to the bands (and style of music) you love.... I bet if say
Harvey Bainbridge was credited as Keyboard player or if Dave Brock had
played penny whistle on the 3rd bar of the 2nd verse you'd have loved
it.........

And if you judge a band solely by listening to a couple of random mp3s (or a
bootlegged audience recording) your gonna miss out on some great music
man... It's like hearing great things about an author or book so you select
and read a random chapter of a random book and from that decide although you
like what you read, your favourite author has wrote something back in the
70s on the same topic, so therefore you'll not bother reading the whole book
and just go back and re-read one you've read before.

It's not just MQB or you Richard, it's this every repeated, If it sounds
anything like HW it's crap (because it isn't HW) and if it doesn't sound
anything like HW it's crap (because it just isn't HW)...

I hold my hands up and can not deny that Hawkwind are the Godfathers of
Spacerock and still the best live band I've ever seen but, fortunately for
Spacerock THERE ARE some good up and coming bands around who will continue
playing/recording and releasing albums in a similar vein to HW long after HW
have called it a day, and fortunately for these bands there is enough of us
Spacerock fans out there who are into the music more than the individuals
who play it, to keep this genre alive.
Tony Wilson