HW: Hawkwind in Pulse!

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Mar 15 14:38:18 EST 2002

I tried this yesterday, but the listserv.spc.edu web interface was not
being very friendly, and it never showed up ...

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:58:27 -0600, Arin Komins
<akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Frank Weil wrote:
>:Hawkwind is mentioned in the March 2002 issue of Pulse! magazine from
>:Tower Records in an article called "Other Voices - The birth of a
>:musical counterculture".

I wonder if Scott Schinder still writes for 'Pulse'?  He's a big Hawkwind
fan, and would mention the Griffin reissues in the mag back in the mid-90s.

>bits of this article appear to be online.
>
>I'm looking at:
>
>http://pulse.towerrecords.com/contentStory.asp?contentId=4937

... and be sure to note the sidebar which lists 'Space Ritual' as one of
the top 20(?) "underground" albums, alongside the usual suspects (VU, MC5,
etc.) ... pretty cool!

>The "article" starts at:
>
>http://pulse.towerrecords.com/section.asp?publicationId=74

    -Doug