HW: Hawkwind in Pulse!

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Mar 14 20:18:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:58:27 -0600, Arin Komins
<akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Frank Weil wrote:
>:Hawkwind is mentioned in the March 2002 issue of Pulse! magazine from
>:Tower Records in an article called "Other Voices - The birth of a
>:musical counterculture".

I wonder if Scott Schindler (sp?) still writes for 'Pulse'?  He's a big
Hawkwind fan, and regularly mentioned the Griffin reissue program back in
the mid 90's in 'Pulse'.  I didn't see an author credit in the online
version - is there one in the magazine, Frank?

>bits of this article appear to be online.
>
>I'm looking at:
>
>http://pulse.towerrecords.com/contentStory.asp?contentId=4937

Did you notice the sidebar that lists 'Space Ritual' as one of the top 20
or so "Underground" albums along with the usual suspects (VU, MC5, etc.)?
Pretty cool!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com