OFF: Monster Magnet - _Tab_ (was: The Hard & The Heavy Vol I)

Tue Mar 19 18:47:41 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 03:36:57PM -0500, K Henderson typed out:
> JJ,
>
> On 25...tab...
>
> >> This one came out on CD a couple times I believe, and usually (I think)
> >> includes the two tracks from a 7" single (Murder b/w Tractor).  And these
> >> are not credited on the CD booklet/insert, so there's confusion there,
> >> compounded by the fact that track two is both "25" and "Longhair" (that
> >> starts about 8 minutes in FWIR).  So there's four tracks listed, five
> >> tracks indexed, but yet six tracks on the actual CD.  Again, the title
> >> track "Tab" is over a half-hour long, so it's a full length release for
> >> sure.
> >
> >        My version isn't quite like that. There's the 32-minute monster
> >`Tab... ', then there's `25' which is two tracks as you describe,
>
> Yep, the "second" track there is "Longhair" I believe.
>
> >then `Longhair', quite separate, indexing and everything,
>
> This is "Lord 13" then, not "Longhair."
>
> >then `Lord 13' which is in fact `Murder' from the S/T and single.
>
> Yep.
>
> >Then `Tractor' which isn't listed but is definitely there.
>
> Yep.
>
> >So the same numbers as you give but not
> >the same divisions. Top stuff throughout though.
>
> No, I think your CD is exactly like mine, but you didn't make the 'shift one
> title up' connection with the two-indexed-as-one deal.

        Not meaning to quibble, but are you sure you have `Longhair' and
`Lord 13' correct there? The only reason I have it my way round is that
the words `long hair' actually occur in the track I thought was the one of
that name, and I'm just interested as to how you can tell the difference
if not by that? I figured that as the two tracks after `Tab' itself don't
break in the middle that they were one, `25', and the new track after them
must be `Longhair' and the lyrics just made up my mind for me. Um, why do
you think different? Yours,
                            Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk