TOTALLY OFF: Who died...

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 21 04:43:47 EST 2002

and made Bono the Emperor of the friggin' universe?!

I never cared too much one way or the other about Bono and U2, though I
firmly believe that their massive success was bolstered mainly by the sheer
paucity of credible competition in the rock scene c. 1982.

But what the goddamn hell is going on now?  You'd think he has somehow
encapsulated the ghostly essences of Lady Diana, Mother Theresa, and the guy
who said "Let's Roll" on the 9/11 plane for this unprecedented credibility
he seems to have in world politics all of a sudden.  Either that, or he has
a lot of photos of people in compromising situations.

I dunno, maybe it's 'Touched by an Angel' syndrome...anything spoken with an
Irish accent seems so much more sincere, eh?  To which I say, what bollocks!
No offense, this being just daze after 3/17.

But if he shows up at the Oscars Sunday to feed off *that* horrifically
bloated, effervescing media frenzy, I think the world will simply explode
from too much build-up of 'hype' into one centralised location.

Excuse me while I go induce vomiting into the nearest sink.

Yours ever cynically, Grakkl (FAA), even though I thought A Beautiful Mind
(one of about three movies I saw this past year) was worth the two hours
spent in the theatre and don't care whether John Nash really picked up young
men in the park as long as he wasn't hearing *their* confessions the next
afternoon.