TOTALLY OFF: Who died...

Robert C. Mayo RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 23 02:05:15 EST 2002

I still marvel at the fact that there are human footprints on the moon...and
still can't decide if i think it's "Right" or not. Our trash is floating all
over our little corner of space; we've left what can only be called garbage
on the lunar surface, with no plans to remove it; and there's a golf ball up
there too...

I'm not sugesting that we shouldnt have gone there, just that perhaps if we
DO, we ought to clean up after ourselves. Is the mindset "it doesn't belong
to anyone, so we dont have to police it"; or more likely from a US
standpoint, "its ours and we'll clean it when we get around to it". we all
know what that means.

can't help feeling that, though these particular areas aren't populated (as
far as we know), we're going to do the 'evil white european male'/manifest
destiny thing and take (and pollute) as much as we can...because we can.

beam me up, scotty
bobm