OFF: The Giant Inflatable Egos of Pop-Stars Hover Over Our Heads...

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 27 16:06:04 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:31:18 -0500, Stephan Forstner
<stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> wrote:
>but I'm tempted to give Bono a pass since numbered among his lower profile
>deeds was apparently support for Horslips in their legal fight to regain
>control of their back-catalog - the threat of the kind of money he could
>bring to bear apparently had a major part in the decision by the record
>company that had (questionable) legal ownership of the music to return the
>rights. Resulting in the excellent remasters that came out in 2000/2001 on
>the Edsel label ...

... and I'll also give Phil Collins (yes, THAT Phil Collins) and Peter
Grant (deceased Led Zep manager) a pass for the exact same reason (well,
The Action [pre-Mighty Baby, hence a HW connection since Mighty Baby were
one of the bands on the 'Glastonbury Fayre' triple LP set] and The Pretty
Things, respectively, rather than the Horslips).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com