HW: Early Days & Studio Dates

Ian Abrahams mail at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 28 14:13:12 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Pearson" <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>

> May we please NOT have a repetition of this tired argument?  (Unless, of
> course, you have session logs from the first album in your possession, in
> which case you should send copies to Ian because that's what we're
supposed
> to be discussing in this thread.)

Doug, thanks for this. To clarify, what I'm currently looking for is:

As much information as possible on early Hawkwind, ie first gig through to
release of the first album

Any reviews of the first album (and anything that has band member's comments
on it)

Any gig reviews circa 1970

Jumping ahead of myself, I'm also looking for contemporary reviews of "Quark
Strangeness & Charm" (ie NME, Melody Maker, Sounds..whatever) and again,
band member comments on the record.

I can't at this point say that there is a specific project started. I'm
looking at doing something, but it's really at the formative stage, putting
together an introduction, a chapter and a look at a couple of albums (hence
the request for Quark era stuff) and see what I've got and what would be the
right format to take it forward. Maybe I won't get anywhere, but it'll be
interesting to have a go.

Scans of any of the above would be great, photocopies would also be really
helpful and of course I'll cover costs (or swap for a few live tapes
perhaps?).

Ian