HW: was Star Nation - now Nottingham

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 28 21:06:28 EST 2002

>ty Nick - most kind - plenty in stock if anyone wants to follow - new
>mail-out due to go out to all CD Services psych customers next week incl
>full track list for new H'wind - Live '90 CD.
>Andy G.

On the subject of the Live Legends/Bedrock thingy, there's a discussion
going on over on rmp about these DVDs coming out from these performances,
including Gong, Hatfield & the North, and others.  And folks there are
saying that these DVDs are actually cut down (!) from the original video
and/or CD releases, and even though it says 80 minutes on the outside,
they're far less than that on the inside.  I didn't see any confirmation
about HW's, but I wonder if it's complete or not.  And now I wonder about
this CD, since this is the first pure audio release of this show.

>From memory, it seems as though Wind of Change was played as audio only
during the end credits of the video, and so I'm wondering if that is in fact
what may (and I repeat *may*, as in theoretically) have been cut from the
DVD (following the course of the others).  And I also seem to remember
somebody saying that more was actually performed that night in Nottingham,
though this partial memory seems to be that maybe one track was played
twice, perhaps as an opportunity to adjust recording levels and video setup
or something at the outset.  Again, vague memories only.

Anyway, I'll be curious to know whether there will be a need to buy both the
DVD and the stinkin' CD too!*  And I've already forgotten what the situation
was with the region-encoding of the DVD...are there separate Region 1 and 2
(or whatever), or will all play everywhere?  I know somebody answered this
before, but I've let it slip my mind.

Curiously, Grakkl (FAA)

*P.S.  Am I now also remembering that the Nottingham CD was perhaps going to
be 2 CDs?  If that's correct, then what the hell is the rest of the
material?  That would pretty much make both necessary, although I do have
the VHS that won't be going bad anytime soon.