'Washboard Blues'; new 'One Eyed Bishops' tune aka Sloterdijk

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Thu May 2 12:35:53 EDT 2002

Greetings friends,
after much dabbling, I have successfully uploaded a new tune to the
Sloterdijk site at: www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

Although this song appears here, it is technically a 'One Eyed Bishops'
tune, and follows the blues/british R&B formulas which I have come to
love so much, that I felt compelled to start a side project.

Vocally, the delivery is very much in the stye of Jim Dandy. These new
OEB's tunes, reflect a completely different side of my music and
production techniques. With Sloterdijk I constantly strive for
perfection, layering, texture etc, With 'The One Eyed Bishops', I take a
much more laid back approach to everything. These tunes were recorded in
a relatively 'raw' way, and it is precisely this rawness, which I find
appealing. It is nice to be able to work without such tremendous
attention to detail. This is also the type of project wherein which I
can just show up with a guitar, and a few mates and jam. No need for
loads of synths, rack effects, and the lot. I have been heavily
influenced by The Downliners Sect, Yardbirds, Animals etc. There is also
a bit of southern rock influence, which has surfaced in the past, via
'White Rhino'

In future days more tunes will appear. I am working on a One Eyed
Bishops/White Rhino page, but for now the material will be on the
sloterdijk site.

Also all new spacerock tunes will appear there; taken from the
forthcoming Sloterdijk cd, "Beware The Charlatans' ( I am the fourth
beast).  For now, I give you 'The One Eyed Bishops'......Peace, MIke
Burro

www.mp3.com/sloterdijk