tales of the psychic wars

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue May 7 13:23:52 EDT 2002

On 7 May 2002, at 11:51, Paul Mather wrote:

> I got the feeling that this was not being put out by Sony, but by
> someone else with the ostensible permission of Sony.

Hmm...could be this theory makes sense.  Maybe the ommited
tunes were ones Sony doesn't own?  Anyone got Cult Classic
around?  Those are the songs that BD,AL and EB control the rights
to.  Nah, that can't be it, too much 'classic' BÖC material here.  I
understand AB cut a separate deal with Sony, so all his stuff is, I
believe, subject to their at-will defilement!  But, considering the
proliferation of compilations, I guess Sony must have pretty much
carte-blanche with the BÖC oeuvre.  Maybe the Cult Classic stuff is
okay for 3ÖC to use on their own without Sony's permission?
Anyone know how this works?

theo