BOC: Astoria

Tim Hall kalyr at CLARA.CO.UK
Sun May 19 15:59:20 EDT 2002

Haven't seen any comments on the Astoria show on Friday.

Unfortunately I only caught the last part of Carl Palmer's set, but
the guitar-driven versions of ELP's 'Toccata' and 'Fanfare for the
Common Man' were impressive.  Were they support for the whole tour or
just a one-off for the London show?

Blue Öyster Cult's show was a big improvement from their slightly
lacklustre performance four years before.  Allen Lanier no longer
looks on death's door..  The sound was slightly muddy at the
bottom-end, but no bad enough to spoil the gig - there were none of
equipment problems that plagued the last show at this venue.

Setlist had a couple of changes from the list John posted from
Newcastle - we didn't get Teen Archer or See You In Black, but we did
get Buck's Boogie and The Vigil.

Surprised that they only played the one song of 'curse', and nothing
at all from Heaven Forbid.

Still no Astronomy.  Bah!

--
Tim Hall, http://www.kalyr.com

"It's a fine line between stupid and clever"
 - Spinal Tap