The Musical Box tour in the UK starts this week

Michael Harper Micrael at AOL.COM
Fri May 24 11:14:29 EDT 2002

The magical Genesis tribute band, The Musical Box from Montreal, is touring the UK starting Sunday night.  This is the band’s first tour outside North America, and it is an absolute MUST-SEE if you are a fan of Gabriel-era Genesis.  The Musical Box re-creates original Genesis tours with incredible detail, both visually and sonically, and has developed a following of tremendously loyal fans who travel from around the world to see them perform.  But The Musical Box is way beyond tribute – this is time travel!

After a limited tour of Quebec and Ontario with the Lamb show last year, The Musical Box is back with the Selling England tour.  Denis Gagne, who performs as Peter Gabriel, has perfected Peter’s mannerisms and vocal styles to the point where one can easily believe that the audience has been transported back to 1974.  His stories are repeated as Peter presented them, with identical inflections and gestures, and every costume and visual special effect have been painstakingly recreated.  The band are incredible musicians who faithfully duplicate the original material without the technical problems that plagued the elaborate Genesis shows in the ‘70’s.  Words cannot describe the amazing experience of seeing The Musical Box.  This is a truly mesmerizing concert!

If you missed Peter with Genesis this is your best (and perhaps final) chance to re-live the Genesis experience.  If you were fortunate to see Peter with Genesis, then you have a sense of how amazing this Musical Box show is.  I guarantee that you will not regret bringing your friends who also loved classic Genesis to see The Musical Box in the following halls:

May 26 in Bristol - Colston Halls
May 27 in Wolverhampton - Civic Hall
May 28 in Newcastle - City Hall
May 29 in Sheffield - City Hall
May 30 in Manchester - Apollo
May 31 in Nottingham - Royal Centrel
June 1 in London - Royal Albert Hall

Good tickets remain for most shows.  I am among many, many fans in the US who travel a fair distance to see The Musical Box perform in Canada.  I regret that I cannot travel from the states to see The Musical Box re-create the amazing Selling England show in the same halls where Genesis performed with Peter, with many of the same fans who knew enough in 1973 to see Genesis at their best.  Rumors persist that some original members of Genesis will attend some shows.