OFF: My Dog Popper

Gesticulates Very Expressively shermarama at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon May 27 12:24:10 EDT 2002

I wonder if anyone out there in listland can help me?

Some years ago I heard a great song on a John Peel radio show called "We're
Old, We're Fat And We're Slow" by a band called My Dog Popper. (Blessings
be upon John Peel, who tells you what the things he plays actually are.) I
taped it and that's why it's stayed around.. Every now and then I try and
find out some more about them, see if I can find more of their stuff,
because the few bits I'v heard I think are great. There's a small handful
of songs available on mp3 sites, and tracking them through the wilds of the
Internet I've found that there's at least three albums knocking around,
they have covered some Zappa songs, that they're Canadian, and that's about
it.

Does anyone know any more about them, or can anyone point me in some useful
directions? And apologies for the OFFness, of course, but this list seems
to be great for finding out obscure music knowledge.

Ta,

Sherm.