No HW: Burg Herzberg/Kloster Cornberg fests

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu May 30 15:46:47 EDT 2002

Hey Folks...

Update from Kalle on these German fests...Hawkwind was offered a spot at
Kloster-Cornberg from what I recall, but guess they weren't able to do it.

Lots of other great acts here though, including ADII (which sadly I will
miss again, but hope to see later in the year?).

Grakkl (FAA), who is not responsible for the translation...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
think progressive
Kalle Becker
Hofbiebererstr. 9
36167 Nüsttal Morles
Germany

Tel: +49 (0)6684 919388
Fax: +49 (0)6684 919390
e-Mail: think.progressive at t-online.de
VAT/ID-Nr.: DE 112 332 026
Web: www.thinkprogressive.de

Programm:

Thirteen days of peace and love – Hippies unite against war and racism

Burg Herzberg Open–Air / Kloster Cornberg Open-Air
                              18.-28. July 2002

The program for Europes largest Hippie meeting and longest Rock -
Spectacle in the History of Rock and Roll is up.
Think progressive present`s a Rock and Roll Marathon over 13 days with
70 high class acts.  The title of this year's festival is going to be:

A Rock and Roll Journey
Stand up against hate – Hippies unite against war and racism.

The first part of this years spectacle is going to be from the 18.th
till the 23.of July at the Burg Herzberg Open-Air site.
There will be a lot of very different act’s on three stages. The
Mainstage will present as usual a mix of Sixties-Rock, Kraut-Rock, Folk
and Songwriters. There will be outstanding act’s like the Reunion of
Jeronimo and the Petard`s, Blues-Legend Buddy Guy, Guitar- Legend Mick
Taylor (Rolling-Stones) and Calvin Russel, who is a Songwriter with a
large Number of Fans worldwide.
Thursday Night, we will present the Neoprogressive scene of Italy.
There will be a second stage, the so called Progstage and a special
Reggae-Stage. It will be like a Summerjam at the Burg Herzberg Festival.

First time this Year we will produce a Theater-Stage witch will be
carried out from the Aktionstheater Kassel, it includes eight national
and international Acts.  Sunday will be the Night of Drum’s with “Orange” ,
all Visitors are held on to join.  The tradition of Hippie Movement calls
for free Concerts on Monday and Tuesday.  The Stray, a Band of the British
Invasion will give there Re-Union Concert on Monday, on Tuesday are going to
be thirty Musiker`s on Stage, including Dancers and People who will spit fire.
We will move the Festival to Kloster Cornberg on Wednesday. The so
called Herzberg-Classic`s will start on Thursday and will end on Sunday
the 28.th of July.  We present Bands, who played in the Year’s earlier
at Herzberg, or Bands which we wanted to put up on Stage for quite some
Time.  Friday, there will be a Ost-Hippie Night, witch will be present the
Scene behind the Steel-Curtain.  On the other Days, there will be Ken
Hensley, Greenslade, Mitch Ryder and Big Brother and the Holding Company.

The Price for the festival including Camping is for Burg Herzberg 45.-
, for Kloster Cornberg 35.-, there also is a Combi-Ticket available for
77.- (only on our Hotline)

Burg Herzberg, Open Air 18. – 23. July
Kloster Cornberg, Open Air 24. – 28. July

BURG HERZBERG

Main Stage
Th. 18.07.02  Italien Progressive Night
19:00 Uhr Universal Totem Orchestra
21:00 Uhr Presence
23:00 Uhr  Standarte

Fr. 19.07.02  15:00 Uhr Heartbeat
   17:00 Uhr Morpheus
   19:00 Uhr  Jeronimo
   21:00 Uhr Petards
   23:00 Uhr  Amon Düül
   01:00 Uhr  Mila Mar

Sa. 20.07.02  13:00 Uhr She`s China
   15:00 Uhr Jutta Weinhold
   17:00 Uhr Anyones Daughter
   19:00 Uhr Alex. Oriental Exp.
   21:00 Uhr Buddy Guy
   23:00 Uhr Jefferson Starship (tba)
   01:00 Uhr LSD

Su. 21.07.02  11:00 Uhr Traveling Light
   13:00 Uhr Klaus Renft Combo
   15:00 Uhr nn
   17:00 Uhr Mick Taylor
   19:00 Uhr Calvin Russel
   21:00 Uhr Mountain
   23:00 Uhr Orange

Mo. 22.07.02  20:00 Uhr Stray

Tu. 23.07.02  20:00 Uhr Orientalische Nacht

Progstage
Reggae Stage

Th. 18.07.02    Chemical Breeze
     Flo/DJ

Fr. 19.07.02  15:00 Uhr CASHMA HOODY
   17:00 Uhr ÖSI FOUR LANE
   18:30 Uhr HIGH WHEEL
   20:00 Uhr BANNED X feat. Rootsmann
   22:00 Uhr JELLY PLANET feat. Damo Suzuki / ex-CAN
     0:00 Uhr NOETICS
     2:00 Uhr OVERPROOF feat. Rockers hifi

Sa. 20.07.02  15:00 Uhr D.A.A.U. tbc
   17:00 Uhr SOFA SURFERS
   19:00 Uhr WALLY WARNING
   21:00 Uhr HIPPIEHAUS
   23:00 Uhr TRIGON
   01:00 Uhr TROTTEL MONODREAM

Theater Stage

Friday und Saturday:  Aktions Theater Kassel
   Olaf K. Splers Artistiktheater
   Phönixx-Feuertheater
   Wiener Masken- und Musiktheater
   Vorfeld / Zülch
   Ludger Hollmann
   Hironimus
   Lucy Lou
   Christoph Beck
   Bolduan
   Sowie Kleinkünstler unterschiedlicher Größe

CORNBERG

Tu. 25.07.02  19:00 Uhr Blues Power
   21:00 Uhr On Trial
   23:00 Uhr Star Sounds Orchestra

Fr. 26.07.02  Ost-Hippies
von 19:00 –
   03:00 Uhr Stern Meissen
     Lift
     Bayon
     Klosterbrüder

Sa. 27.07.02  13:00 Uhr Them
   15:00 Uhr Sunya Beat
   17:00 Uhr Greenslade
   19:00 Uhr Ken Hensley & Free Spirit
   21:00 Uhr Mitch Ryder
   23:00 Uhr Big Brother & the Holding Company

Su. 28.07.02  11:00 Uhr Hypnotix
   13:00 Uhr Living Blues
   15:00 Uhr Embryo