NIK: Appearance at WC2002?

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu May 30 20:17:02 EDT 2002

Hey....

Did anyone else notice that one of the three World Cup '02 mascots is named
"Nik?"  He's the blue one on the right in the photo below.  He's considered
"the Thinker" out of this mangy lot.  :)

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/en/ap/20020220/i/1276092447.jpg

The bastard child of Papa Smurf and La La Teletubby, if you asked me.

Grakkl (FAA), who thinks Nik's spiky alien suit would have made a better mascot.

P.S.  Now who the hell is Mick Turner, a name I occasionally see in the CD
racks? And nobody has yet explained to me the "Dave Brockie Experience," a
GWAR-spinoff band.  I flipped through a CD of theirs looking for any and all
Hawkwind references, or cover-type songs/material, or HW references in the
lyrics, and came up entirely empty.  Surely this moniker can't be completely
coincidental could it?

P.P.S.  Somebody named Pete Yorn is playing at the Newport tonight.  Thought
they ran out of Z's for the marquee, but then I saw it was sold out, and
knew Pete Zorn couldn't really be that popular.  Who the f*** is Pete *Yorn*?

P.P.P.S.  Monster Magnet at the same establishment tomorrow night...