OFF: Halloween with the Damned (was: HW: Lemmy)

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Nov 5 06:44:52 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:38:34 -0500, Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>
wrote:

-Doug (who saw Lemmy's once-off bandmates, the Damned, last night)

>>Doug- any chance of a review?
>
>Of course!

Why thank you!

>Hallowe'en in San Francisco ... too many choices of fun things to do!  The
>Cramps at the Fillmore?  The Residents at the Warfield?

Mmm, I would have probably gone for the Residents. Is it still the Icky
Flix show or have they put a new show together? I know there is a new album
just out but haven't heard it yet.

 Even though I'm more into the Damned's punk
>material than their goth stuff,

Well, quite. Although there are some classic tracks on those mid-period
albums too. But I really recommend "Grave Disorder" which fuses all the
elements of their sound quite successfully.

Thanks for writing it up

Nick