HW: walthamstow hotel stuff

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Nov 5 11:49:17 EST 2002

Hi folks,

I need the final count of who wants rooms, and what types etc.
Rate that I've been quoted is 50 pounds a night (bless you mightily, Rik,
for the assist).

The current people who were interested:

Merrick and Julie French
Pete and Leigh (I need a last name here.  Merrick, could you email it to
me offlist?)
Eli Friedman
Gary and Anna (I need a last name for the reservation.  Mail me offlist?)
Ian Abrahams
Mike Holmes
Nick Lee
Bernhard Pospiech, Rainer Wangler, Andreas Stuewe, Christos Tzoukmanis
Alan Taylor
Iain Ferguson & friend
Alisa (I need a last name.  Mail me offlist?)
Jill Strobridge
Denis Regenbrecht and sister
me & rich

Could folks please let me know what kind of room you would prefer?
(single, single w/a large bed of some sort, double)

Bernhard, Rainer, Andreas, Christos....do you want 2 doubles?

The way I'd like to work the billing:  I'm going to reserve the room block
with my credit card.  After I pass the initial details off to the hotel,
I'd like to ask that folks call them direct to reserve the rooms under
their own credit card (don't do this yet, as I need to finalize details
with the hotel first.)

Anyone who hasn't arranged separate billing with the hotel by 6 Dec, I
will cancel their reservation in the block.  This way, I can avoid being
burned ;-) (right? <grin>)

Are we interested in reserving a function space for a party afterwards?
(although it may just be we fans, no guarantees ;-) )

hotel is a holiday inn express.  brand new.  in chingford.

(URL below may not work for you due to the sessionid, but if you go to
www.hiexpress.co.uk and look for london hotels in chingford, you will find
it. ;-) )

(direct URL)
http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/ex/hd/LONCF;jsessionid=CMWV5NN5LYRJNJICRY0SHPVFAKHDGIY4?iata=99501920&_IATAno=99501920&_franchisee=LONCF&currentBrandId=EX&_requestid=415876

It's about 1/4 mile away from the venue, I believe, but I'll confirm that
for folks, and work on getting transportation options.

Thx,

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559