MEAN FIDDLER

Trev judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 7 16:47:49 EST 2002

As I sit before my monitor, Inner City Unit, the band of the
Thunder Rider, Dead Fred, Steve Pond, Dino Ferari, Mick Stupp,
Barney Bubbles, myself, and all those other brothers who have
traversed the decades lifting high the Mighty Trident of ICU, is
taking the stage in a new form - the old order having been utterly
destroyed.
We see before us, in microcosm, the endless battle between Light and
darkness performing its awesome eternal dance.
I can only bow my head in respect to those Blood Brothers who have
committed suicide rather than enter the lair of the demon, and those
who, through frailty and fear of their very existence as musicians
and artists, have grudgingly donned the yoke of unwilling servitude -
and to those whose tongues have simply been torn out.
I hope The Thunder Rider has pulled something out of the bag
tonight, he has the ability to, and I wish him well.

But we must, if we care, if we are true, look into the reason for
the disasters which have rocked the realm of the Children of Light
this year - The catastrophic re-opening of grievous old wounds
between The Thunder Rider and Baron Brock, the doom of Inner City
Unit, and the myriad and endless squabbles between once united
brothers.
There is a common denominator.
A year ago there came into our midst, a demon; a demon who's eye
fell upon the Mighty One and who wondered at the splendour of his
aura and the brightness of his court; a demon who has assumed the
form of a mortal, yes, the demon Hewitt; a demon who's cunning and
skill at the manipulation and exploitation of the Innocent led him
to think "Here is a pretty prize", and he did covet what he saw, and
his avarice drove him to display his stock-in-trade, his beguiling
coin, hot from hell, before the eyes of the needy Prince of Thunder.
And he whispered into his ear and cast a glamour upon him.
Now, a year later, I look upon my wounds and those of my brothers,
those who have given their lives in the service of the Sonic Way,
and I now turn my head towards a certain sewer rat, unleashed and
rampaging in the nest of the Royal Swan.

...and my keyboard is awash with tears.

...and these tears are swallowed by the barren earth beneath my feet

...and I declare and vow before the Blessed Ones that in this land
of stone and sand...

...THE SHINING WATERS AGAIN WILL RISE.

Judge Trev