HW: a few stray meandering thoughts on Alien 4 and stuff

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Nov 9 23:50:56 EST 2002

I just thought this album was too slickly produced and
that the music was too simplistic, and the overall
effect was blah, despite a nice digipak and
everything.
I never knew there a jewel case edition of this thing
until years later. Was the jewel case edition released
on Griffin or something? My digipak was on EBS, of
course. I got it at Free Record Shop in Oslo in 1995
when it just came out, in fact. Highlight tracks
included for me "Sputnik Stan", "Beam Me Up", "Blue
Skin" and "Festivals". Dandy little booklet with some
nice illustrations, though! I truly hated "Love In
Space" by the way, their suckiest live set in years,
IMO. Nifty robot of Ron's onstage, though. I have the
video so I should know. Did he ever get to sell the
thing? Great stage show on the tour despite suckily
and over slicked up production detracting from the
band's live sound, I thought, though the video isn't
half bad. Alien 4 had a cool pic of an alien peeking
at a pregnant lady too on the cover if I remember
correctly! My problem with the digipak was that the
sides got torn where you slide the disc in, other than
that it was very nice, I may have seen the jewel case
version somewhere but wouldn't want it for all the
world, though.

Chr., probably aka Ax Gengrich or somebody equally
qualified on these matters of digipaks and things

"you shouldn't get a dog if you've already got a cat"