Hawkwind MP3's

Horse horse at DARKSTAR.UK.NET
Mon Nov 11 17:49:27 EST 2002

Greetings

Not unreasonably I find myself sympathizing with both camps on this issue. On the one
hand Hawkfans want access to the music and on the other hand no-one (hopefully)
wants to rip off Hawkwind.

So a compromise could be that if you manage to get hold of MP3ed versions of material
that is not currently available by any other reasonable means then send a donation to
Hawkwind stating that it is a contribution to the legal defence procedings currently
underway. Two or three quid for an MP3ed album seems reasonable to me. And make a
mental note to buy the cd's as and when they are re-released.

By doing this, those that care (Hawkfans and Hawkwind) win and those that don't care
get sent a simple message - stop fucking about and give us what we want or we'll take it
anyway.

It may not be entirely legal but it's entirely moral which is a lot more important.

Horse