HW: how long, how many, and why

Guido Vacano nycademon at ATTBI.COM
Tue Nov 12 22:06:28 EST 2002

a little Hawkwind poll:

*Hawkwind fan: Since about 1983.

*how many CDs: about 40

*how many LPs: about 50 to 60

*collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: yes, a couple shirts,
posters, and a Space Ritual pin.

*why a Hawkwind fan: I was a big Michael Moorcock fan, and I learned
from a friend that he had worked with a couple rock bands, one of which
was Hawkwind. So, I went to Independent Records downtown, looked under
"Hawkwind", and discovered _Sonic Attack_. I didn't like it the first
time I listened to it, thought it was okay on the second listen, and
loved it on the third. I didn't encounter any other fans until I joined
BOC-L in '92.

*First album you picked up: Sonic Attack

*Seen live how many times: once, in 1995

*Nik or Dave: Dave