HW: how long, how many, and why

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Nov 13 09:32:32 EST 2002

Allan Sharpe writes:

a little Hawkwind poll:

*Hawkwind fan: Since 1975.

*how many CDs: 300+ (basically everything except some repeats of Dave
                     Anderson complations)

*how many LPs: All of them, many in multiple copies due to different
               formats or sleeves. All related stuff by Brock, Calvert,
               Blake. Lots of Turner and Davey stuff. Some stuff of
               almost all the others.

*collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: Programmes, t-shirts,
               videos, live tapes etc.

*why a Hawkwind fan: Listening to Uni roommates tapes while reading
               Moorcock. Got into the Moorcock/SF connection and loved
               the music.

*First album you picked up: Warrior on the Edge of Time

*Seen live how many times: Dunno but it's gotta be close to 100 times.

*Nik or Dave: If pushed, Dave, but I like Nik and I really wish he
                         didn't have this streak in him that means
                         he just has to mix it with Dave.

*Additional Info:  I'm an Urban Gorilla.