HW: how long, how many, and why

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Wed Nov 13 11:45:06 EST 2002

 a little Hawkwind poll:

 *Hawkwind fan: Since 1979/1980

 *how many CDs: 70+ HW plus related stuff of course

 *how many LPs: 30+

 *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: A few live tapes, books,
fanzines etc. Thinks I can read or hear basically, although not a collector
as such I suppose. I collect official tracks and versions of tracks, but not
every issue of same tracks (no comps, only one Yuri etc)

 *why a Hawkwind fan: long story short: Was lent a tape of something
(Zep/Van Halen I think) and left it running when I fell asleep. Woke up to
these weird noises coming from something that was recorded on the tape and
hadn`t been blanked when it was re-used. Asked owner what it was following
day. They had no idea. Great. Some months later while listening to Tommy
Vance`s Friday Rock Show this incredible sound came blasting out and was
pronounced as being by some band called Hawkwind(Assault and Battery). Went
out next day and bought Live `79. Hooked.

 *First album you picked up: Live `79

 *Seen live how many times: 30-40 Never really counted.

 *Nik or Dave: Dave. No question.

 *Additional Info:  BDS rule!!!
opps, wrong list...

Si