HW: The Final Programme

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Wed Nov 13 11:55:58 EST 2002

Subject: HW: The Final Programme

> Hi
>
> The Final Programme was, I believe, the title of a film made of the 1st
> Jerry Cornelius book.  I think it was shown once on UK tv, many moons ago
> on a Sunday night on BBC2 and I seem to recall that Jenny Runacre was the
> female lead...

It`s been shown a few times. It`s also out on DVD. Jon Finch as Cornelius,
Runacre as Miss Brunner and various other British Character actors here and
there. Moorcock dislikes it a great deal I believe.

> If memory serves, there is a shot of a character talking in the foreground
> and in the background there is a band on stage; the band reputed to be
> Hawkwind .  A friend of mine reckons that in the 80's Trevor Hughess
> brought this up in a fanzine that he was running at the time.
>
> Anyone know if this was indeed Hawkwind or not?

I`ve always been told it is and I`m sure there was something in either
Hawkfan or a Moorcock mag about it being HW but they`re too far away to
recognise.

Si