HW: how long, how many, and why

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 13 11:55:07 EST 2002

If this is a repeat sorry, my mailbox is acting weird.
a little Hawkwind poll:

*Hawkwind fan: since Nov 1979 Bristol Colston Hall on the Masters tour with that Lazer & Tim Blake what an introduction to the band, .Evangelical conversions to the Church of Hawkwind take place on a regular basis at our house in Bristol. Will be bringing the congregation to the bristol Academy on 16th Dec.

*how many CD's: all official releases on Vinyl multiple times ( diferent sleeves), picture discs, sleeves with hairs <G> (Joke) and many many singles & 12 inches, CD's I have about 30 official releases.

*collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: Oh yes, Live shows I've been to plus a couple of choice slabs also posters, badges, tee shirts( my size as I wear them). prized possession a 9 Bob fiver from the 1984 tour ?

*why a Hawkwind fan: Cos they are just the best fucking band in the world, When they start to freak out there is nothing and certainly no other band that has such an effect on me and to top it all on a good night there is definately levitation. of body & building. And I love the dance/trance stuff they do and looking forward to this tour to see if its developed even more.

*First album you picked up: PXR5 day after the first gig I saw in '79

*Seen live how many times: Ohh , now thats tuff but its between 40 & 50 times

*Nik or Dave: hahaha, no competition Dave Brock. I'm not really a Nik fan anymore Nuff said...

* dream recording A Dave Brock,Daevid Allen & Richard Chadwick CD

iain