BOC/BRAIN:(was how long, how many, and why by Si)

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Wed Nov 13 12:31:47 EST 2002

Subject: BOC/BRAIN:(was how long, how many, and why by Si)

> >  *Additional Info:  BDS rule!!!
> > opps, wrong list...

> Not quite, since Joe is kinda important, BOC, tBS wise. :)

True.

> > Si
> Would you care to post a review of the show? did they do Fallen Angel?
etc.

Would it be right to review the show I co-organised and promoted? Seems a
bit dodgy to me! I`m maybe slightly biased!

But if you twisted my arm, I`d have to say they were completely stunning.
Neal and Dennis`s first time in the UK for 30 years. Over 2 1/2 hours on
stage plus over an hour Q&A in the afternoon.
First half was BDS material featuring the whole album except Carnival Toy (I
think) and closing with their version of Fallen Angel. I love the album but
live it was storming!

Second half was primetime Alice and BOC with the audience cheering them the
whole way. BOC tracks:Reaper, Astronomy, Godzilla. AC tracks Alma Mater
(huge singalong), Grand Finale, Caught In A Dream, Under My Wheels, Black
JuJu (seriously stellar performance), See You On The Other Side (original
track for GB with School`s Out in the middle).

Michael Bruce joined them for Halo of Flies and 18. All in all one of the
most fantastic performances I`ve ever seen. Yes, I may be biased, but I`ve
yet to see a bad report on the Alice lists or direct to me. The main phrase
that keeps cropping up is "a dream come true", referring to UK fans seeing
Neal and Dennis on stage finally.

Joe did a fine job of covering twin guitar(using stereo amps), keyboard and
brass parts all on his lonesome on many of the AC tracks and totally shined
on Reaper (including the classic middle solo which he nailed), while also
covering the bulk of the vocals. He also did an acoustic set in the
afternoon featuring Tattoo Vampire, Hot Rails To Hell and Sweet Jane among
others while chatting and joking with the crowd.

I got to spend a lot of time with the band over the convention and the 4 day
run up to it and I have to say that are all really great guys. Very open,
friendly and happy to chat about anything at all, making a poor fanboy feel
very welcome and at home. Very VERY cool.

We also had Joe (Neal and Dennis did a separate bit on their own) on BBC
Radio Stoke talking about the early days of BOC/Stalk Forest Group etc as
well.

It was one of the best few days of my life. Now all we need is to get The
Brain Surgeons over on a double bill. Al?

Si

The Alice Cooper Trivia File: www.sickthingsuk.co.uk
SickCon1 - Unofficial UK Alice Cooper Convention: http://www.sickcon.co.uk