HW: how long, how many, and why

Captain Bl@ck starfield at SUPANET.COM
Wed Nov 13 13:27:48 EST 2002

a little Hawkwind poll:

 *Hawkwind fan: since 1972, and hearing Silver Machine on Alan Freeman's
Radio 1 afternoon show.

 *how many Lp's / singles / CD's: Too many to count!

 *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: I have a lot of gear
that used to belong to them, including Dave's guitar and Space Echo, various
keyboards etc. Plus some 7" acetates and unreleased stuff.

*why a Hawkwind fan: Driving rhythms and swathes of electronic effects with
sci-fi overtones. I mean, nothing else sounds quite like it, really. And
I've heard a lot of bands in my time.

*First album you picked up: In Search Of Space with Logbook. (Doremi was yet
to be released at the time).

*Seen live how many times:  First gig I went to was Wolverhampton Civic Hall
in 1979. Quite a few times since.

 *Nik or Dave: I have never really rated Nik as a musician but he was quite
important in terms of the early band in the same way that Lemmy, Simon King,
Bob Calvert etc were. Dave, on the other hand, is clearly the core of
Hawkwind;  he is the sun about which the other attributes revolve like
planets.