CD Censorship Starts in Sydney

nycademon at ATTBI.COM nycademon at ATTBI.COM
Wed Nov 13 17:39:05 EST 2002

Funny (for me anyway) to see this now. I just recently discovered that there was an old CD-ROM game,
Phantasmagoria, which had been banned in Australia. My brother had a copy, and I played the thing
years ago, and while it had some "disturbing" content, I don't remember anything that would
justify banning it. Then again, I haven't yet come across anything I would ban, had I that
power.

Well, I'd probably say something snide to the poor oppressed Aussies about freedom
of speech/expression and the "land of the free, home of the brave", but our current regime will
probably do away with such inconveniences in the near future. And here I was wondering if I should
flee to Australia . . . :-)

Guido