HW: how long, how many, and why

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 14 06:16:23 EST 2002

Hawkwind fan: Since 1983.

How many CD's: About 35 CD's all bought since that top ten prog rock
program was on tv. Pretty much every album up until about 1995 on vinyl and
loads of bits and pieces to.

Collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: I don't collect as such
but I have some live recordings. Regret throwing away all my posters.

Why a Hawkwind fan: Heavy, simple, driving, hypnotic riffs with electronics
and weirdness. DB's individual musical style. Lyrical content - HW don't
just sing about ordinary life. The only band I ever come back to over and
over again.

First album you picked up: Choose Your Masques and Sonic Attack on a
cassette given to me by the former guitarist of Napalm Death and Carcass
who I went to school with.

Seen live how many times: I lost count but could be up to 30 times.

Nik or Dave: Generally neutral but without DB no backbone or forward motion.

Alastair.