OFF: Daevid Allen shows

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Nov 15 03:19:35 EST 2002

Forwarded FYI...

Hi everyone!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for coming out to see Coven of One
in DC and my performance with Edward in Denver last weekend.  The last few
weeks have been amazing on so many different levels.  And that Denver
crowd..."why not" indeed..  It was great meeting so many of you...and my
love to my new little family (you know who you are)...thanks for finally
showing up.

I have two spectacular shows coming up this weekend in Baltimore and New
York..

The Red Room at Normals
425 E. 31st Street
Baltimore, MD
Sunday, November 17th, 8:30 PM, $6

Daevid Allen (guitar) and Nicoletta Stephanz (theremin)
and
Neil Feather (invented instruments), Andy Hayleck (invented instruments),
and Audrey Chen (cello, voice)

Daevid Allen has lent his spirited guitar work and voice to several projects
since the mid-60's, including the psych/prog rock bands Soft Machine and
Gong (both of which he founded). His approach to the guitar within and
outside those formats has been both open and inventive. In this performance
he teams up with local theremin player Nicoletta Stephanz, who employs a
variety of electronic instruments and effects, including the Buchla
Lightning, the Digitech Guitar Talker, and the Boomerang for extensive
looping. They will be "providing a varied & entertaining range of musical
textures & thought provoking lyrics for your enjoyment." "A rare & fun
experience for us all." - as put by Mr. Allen himself. Also performing that
night will be local impersenario Neil Feather playing mechanical/electronic
invented instruments of his own design that defy both the aural and visual
senses (see www.neilfeather.org) with Andy Hayleck, also playing invented
instruments, and Audrey Chen on cello and voice.

Directions - http://www.redroom.org/directions.htm

AND

The Knitting Factory
Main Performance Space
74 Leonard Street
New York City , NY 10013
212-219-3006

Special Project with
Daevid Allen (of Gong)
Price: $10.00
Date: Mon, Nov 18
Start Time: 8:00 PM

MESSAGE FROM DAEVID ALLEN OF GONG I would like to invite you to a rare
event... a performance at the Knitting Factory on Monday 18th Nov. playing a
duo concert with my favourite thereminist Nicoletta Stephanz who has
performed with Gong & on the most recent UNIVERSITY OF ERRORS CD due out
within the month. She has a wide range of electronic talents & a magnificent
voice & these qualities melt together effortlessly with my glissando guitar
techniques & songs & performance poems from my new book: "POET FOR SALE". We
will be providing a varied & entertaining range of musical textures &
thought provoking lyrics for your enjoyment. A rare & fun experience for us
all. Hope you can make it! Cheers... daevid alien

Directions - http://www.knittingfactory.com/Directions/kfny_directions.cfm

Hope to see you!

Nic