HW: Warrior Box Offer

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Sun Nov 17 09:18:44 EST 2002

OK folks...

So, after two months of living here in Baden, Schweiz, I *finally* find the
cool CD store!  Silly me, I thought *all* the businesses would be listed in
the "Gelben Seiten" but no!  Apparently only the ones that *pay*!  Zero-zero
(the store's name) didn't get even a line listing.  But the place does exist
and if you are strolling around the streets looking for a new easier way to
get from the Weite Gasse shopping district to the bus station in the rain,
you might just find yourself walking past said establishment by sheer luck.
And then if you find it's open, and take a walk inside, you then discover
they have a vast array of wonderful music...though at terribly high prices.
:)

So....once I discover that the back room is where all the 'rock' stuff is, I
find large numbers of interesting items by many German bands (whole
card-divided sections for Ash Ra Tempel, Guru Guru, and the like) and yes,
even a healthy Hawkwind section *not* dominated by reissue rubbish!  To my
surprise, a Dojo Warrior on the Edge of Time is included.  (They only have
the booklet in a sleeve on display to save shelf space and prevent theft,
but I believe it is still 'new' as the used CDs seemed to be elsewhere.)  No
price was listed, but I think the std. price in these circumstances is CHF
31,90 which is equivalent to $22/Euro22 or UKP14.

But I didn't buy it.

*Because* instead I bought the Griffin boxset that they had on the separate
shelf for such over-size items, still shrinkwrapped.  For those who don't
know, this is the release with the Godwin-penned collector's book, that also
has some short interview text in the back.  Hence, just a 'one-CD' box.  It
also has "Motorhead" tacked onto the end of the CD.  It was CHF 42,00, which
translates to $29/Euro29 or UKP18.50.

OK, so...I've already got one (actually I have both of these releases back
in the USA, the Dojo copy signed by NikT and so I never ditched that when I
got the Griffin box too...and I'm not now either), so I picked it up for
some lucky person on this list who needs it.  I'll only ask for straight-up
costs (I'm not into profiting for no other reason than being in the right
place at the right time), and I can accept both US and Euro(pean) currency,
and in a pinch could deal with Aussie$ too (since I work with one who is
shortly going 'home' for the holidays and so I could probably 'trade' with
her).  I will also shortly (within one month's time) be in both the UK and
US myself, so if this person is willing to be patient (and happens to be in
one of these two countries) you have the opportunity for cheap shipping
costs too (or even none if you will be in Walthamstow Dec. 13).

I'll do this first come, first served (the US way, which maybe isn't the way
they do things here in Switzerland, renting an apartment without this
benefit being my first clue), so write (right) now to 'reserve.'

First person who responds wanting the box, gets the box (if that's what they
want).  Second person who wants the CD in any form, gets me to go back this
coming weekend and pick up the other (stand-alone) copy (assuming it's still
there...likely, if it's this old and still "new") for CHF32.  I'd rather
that both of these go to folks who don't have the CD in any form (rather
than someone just filling a 'kollektion' hole for only this reason), but if
you, say, have the Dojo disc and *really* want the 'box set' version, I
won't stop you.  (Especially if you then went and passed off the Dojo one to
someone else who's been looking for some time.)

Anyway, yesterday was a miserable nasty rainy day and I was pissed off about
the damn laundry machines in my building not working and having to dry my
clothes in my apartment (which wasn't working so well since it was already
so damn humid in there), so I just left to go into the 'city' to waste time
and forget about something that should have been so minor, and lo and
behold, a cool CD store!  And the guy speaks English too!  For myself, I
only bought the 'new' Nektar CD, a live in the studio set from 1974 that was
previously unreleased including songs that never were otherwise recorded.
It came out alongside a new 2CD version of "Sunday Night at the Roundhouse"
that has that entire show included, which I'll have to get next time I feel
a little richer.  They also had the Man in the Moon CD (which I will get too
sometime, though I have had the LP since c. 1983).  But not the new Remember
the Future CD properly remastered (which *does* now finally exist!).

Oh, they didn't really have anything else terribly exciting Hawkwind-wise,
no 25 Years On (I traded mine away years ago not knowing it's rarity, so if
they had it I woulda gotten it for myself), no Quark, so don't bother
asking.  :)  They did have a Space Ritual remaster, which coulda been the
digipak version, not sure (like I said, only the booklets were included).
But this is now available as jewel box version, so not terribly rare in a
sense.  But anyway, if someone particularly wants the digipak version of
this, I could look into that for you next visit and get back to you.  Note:
Probably about 40 CHF or more for this!

Grakkl (FAA)
respond by personal email only, bitte....keith.henderson at psi.ch

P.S.  Nektar trivia...Brooke Shields is the cover model on the terrible
"Magic is a Child" album.  Interesting possibilities for Hawkwind-linkages
(Calvert appearing with Nektar on one album) into the entire acting domain!
If you call what Brooke Shields does "acting."