BOC/BRAIN: Bouchard Dunaway Smith in London

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Nov 20 13:24:09 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:36:18PM +0000, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> [...] Joe Bouchard, the ex-bass player of Blue Öyster Cult now playing
> his first instrument, guitar, again

Frank Zappa wrote (paraphrasing from memory here, since the book is
way inaccessible; I'm sure I've butchered it horribly):
    Nobody ever sets out to be a bass player, they just get
    stuck with it.  The decision's made at a band meeting in
    somebody's garage at age 13.

> They also
> did something by way of encore called `18' which I'm guessing was an Alice
> number.

"I'm eighteen and I don't know what I want"?  Yeah, an Alice
rock-radio classic.  I wonder how they feel about singing it
thirty years on....

Pete Townsend must get that a lot, too, re. My Generation.  The
perfect comeback would be:
        Interviewer: So, Pete, isn't it just a little embarassing
        to be singing "I hope I die before I get old", at your
        age?

        PT: Not at all.  I still feel that way -- and I hope to
        *still* do when I'm 85!

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Just Say No to the "faceless cannonfodder" stereotype.
        - http://www.ainurin.net/ (an Orc site)