HW: how long, how many, and why

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Nov 24 16:13:20 EST 2002

> a little Hawkwind poll:
>
>  *Hawkwind fan : since 1985/6-ish
>  *how many Lp's / singles / CD's: > about 70-odd CDs, 30-ish vinyl LPs, a
few singles
>  *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: live recordings to
some extent, videos, lots of t-shirts
> *why a Hawkwind fan: driving bass, great riffs, swooshy space noises some
great lyrics - what's there no to like ? Also was reading MM at around the
same time and the friend who'd recorded a couple of albums (see below) saw
on of his books and said 'oh, Mike Moorcock he wrote some of the songs on
that album I did for you'
> *First album you picked up: got tapes of Sonic Attack &Levitation done for
me on the grounds that I'd probably like them.  Black Sword soon after.
First I actually bought was Warrior..
> *Seen live how many times:  about 70 since autum '86

>  *Nik or Dave: Dave, I've seen Nik many times with various acts, ICU,
All-Stars, PinkWind etc.  He's a great front person but it would seem that
if you stick on a stage with Dave and he just has to have all the limelight
& play his sax over everything.  With other acts he seems more than happy to
take a back seat and let others shine as well.  Dave's the one who has kept
the band going all these years. Nuff said.

Nick