HW: Covers all, second call

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. grodog at PACBELL.NET
Sun Nov 24 21:02:58 EST 2002

Hey Keith (and everyone else)---

> So...here I am to publicly deride you for being too damn lazy and to write
> to me now in order to get yourselves into the HWCovers All tree.
[snip]
> I've got about 25 or so people who have signed up to date - that's pretty
> pathetic!  I know some of you probably have a number of the recordings
> already, but I doubt very many of you have more than a quarter or third of
> these cover versions.

What are the differences again for the current set vs. the orignal
four Covers All tapes?

> P.S.  Can somebody *please* tell me the color paper that was used for the
> four original cassettes?  Certainly some list old-timers are here with these
> handy?  :)

Yep:  they are, on the versions that I produced (Dave Berry handled
the UK/rest-of-world duplication IIRC):

- Vol I: I am a clone...:  pink
- Vol II: Shadows of the hawk:  light blue
- Vol III: Charged with...:  white
- Vol IV: Designed to Rob...: orange

IIRC, there were also some color variants, but I don't recall
what they were:  I had some tape cover papers that didn't match
up with the above, but the above are all that I have left from
the originals.  I also can't seem to find my set that I made
from the masters (which I do still have if we ever want to burn
the first four volumes to CD), so I can't tell you what the
variants were; I'm pretty sure that I had a variant color
scheme to the above, though.  If you really want more info, let
me know and I'll look harder than I did just now =)

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                        Visit the Dreaming City
grodog at pacbell.net                      http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

      If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
                Anything you want to, do it.
         Want to change the world?  There's nothing to it.

                    -- "Pure Imagination" from
                              _Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory_