OFF:An Open Letter to Rolling Stone by Joan Jett

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Mon Nov 25 07:27:26 EST 2002

>>>   This letter was written to rolling stone after their
>>>   "women in "rock" issue was published, but was not
>>>   printed by their editors. Please forward it to all the
>>>   rocking people you know!!!!!

Amen! I just forwarded it to another list. Very good letter. Though scary.

This sort of reminds me of a national radio station we have here in France.
It's called Skyrock. But it's been a looooong time since they've outlived
that name. It used to be relevant, back in the 80's, but now everytime I
give it a (brief) shot all I get to hear is Britney Spears, Dr. Dre et al.
Brrr. If this keeps up, in 10 or 20 years from now the word "rock" will just
have an entirely different meaning.

Alex.

Progressive rock : prog.xrs.net / rip.xrs.net