HW: Covers all...

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Oct 4 11:37:37 EDT 2002

Hey Folks...

Thanks to those who responded off-line...I'm sorry for ignoring you, your
offers of assistance are much appreciated.  I'll post again when I begin to
make more definite plans.

The amount of on-list discussion, i.e. 'brainstorming,' that ensued (or
didn't) upon my first post indicates to me that the level of interest this
time is just not the same as the original cassette series.  I can live with
that...I understand that times change and people aren't as 'gung-ho' about
this sort of thing now that the internet is hardly novel and fresh.  And I
assume that there are quite a few folks that would like to have a set of
these (and 'pay' the expected costs of b&p and such), but are staying quiet
waiting for a call to action on their part.  So I guess since nobody has
piped up with suggestions on how to run it, I'll just do it however I like
in conjunction with those who are the first 'suppliers'...don't say I didn't
give you a chance to speak up.  :)

So anyway, I am not going to feel slighted in the least, or take my ball and
go home...those that still want to participate are welcome to (I think maybe
it's safe now to extend the offer to the 'other' lists, i.e. the yahoogroups
HW list (Bob Lennon's) and HW-specific CDR-tree list (which is a separate
entity IIRC?).  But I'm not on these and so if anyone can forward the proper
info to them (*when* the time comes I suppose, don't need to send this one
or the previous one), that would be helpful.  Someone can email me if they
can do this for me.

Anyway, I've been pretty busy moving to a real apartment (hardly easy here I
discover; currently living with no furniture and have to sit on the toilet
to put my socks on, but I digress...) and trying to find people to make my
lab equipment work, and can't 'work' in the evenings 'cause there's no
busses after 8 PM, and...

So you get my drift...I'll write those who offered to assist soon and we'll
make a plan on our own and then I'll put out an additional announcement to
the list.

I would come in and do it this weekend, but now I'm going to Stuttgart
tomorrow to see Guru Guru play, so it'll have to be sometime next week.

Grakkl (FAA)

ObCD: Hidria Spacefolk - the new one, whatever it's called.