OFF: Sigur Ros - strange surprise!

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Oct 4 15:34:19 EDT 2002

Goodness me - what a strange experience.    I never managed to see GSYB
in the end but I went to see Sigur Ros last night and they must come
very close to them.   An incredibly stately, dark, full, intense sound -
I dunno how to describe it really.   Germanic or Icelandic trance music
I guess - incredibly powerful and solid.    Actually probably closer to
King Crimson in many ways - especially when they do the discordant
aspect.    Loads of keyboards and strings and a vocalist with an almost
female languorous voice.   Strange lad, he was.   Sang/chanted into his
guitar pick-up microphone at one point.

Definitely an evening to remember!
jill