HW: Ambient Anarchists CD

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Oct 11 08:46:58 EDT 2002

Neil Shilladay writes:

> Hi to one and all,
> I've been away from the list for some time and have only just rejoined.
> Lots happening in the HW camp at the mo, I'll just have to catch up with
> the WotW and new cd stuff.
>
> While I've been away, I bought the Snapper Music compilation 'Ambient
> Anarchists'
>
> Whilst posessing a moderate amount of HW cds, I don't have everything, and
> compared to the good folks on this list - I am but an amateur. :o)
>
> Can anyone identify the 3rd track on CD1, which is labelled as High Rise,
> but most certainly isn't.

PXR5

> Also, can anyone help me out where some of the tracks originally come from,
> such as the blinding version of Hasan I Sahba (sounds mid 90s with Alan
> Davey)

You need The Hawkwind Codex.

Hassan I Sabha
    1     Quark Strangeness And Charm
    1     Spirit of the Age [Charisma Compilation]
    1     Tales From Atom Henge
    1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
    1     Epoch Eclipse 30 Year Anthology
    1 a   Hassan I Sabha/Damnation Alley Part 2 Italian 7"
    1 a   Hassan I Sabha/Fable of a Failed Race 7"
 L  2 a   Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77 {Assassins of Allah}
 L  2 b   Hawkwind Live at the Bottom Line
    3     Out And Intake {Assassins of Allah}
    3     Official Picture Logbook {Assassins of Allah}
    3     Night Of The Hawk {Assassins of Allah}
 L  4     Live At Reading '86
 L  4     Italian "Vinile" freebie single {Assassins of Allah}
 L  4     Assassins of Allah LP
 L  5     Glastonbury 90                  {Assassins of Allah}
 L  6     The Never Ending Story of The Psychedelic Warlords {Assassins of Allah}
 L  6 a   California Brainstorm    {Assassins of Allah}
 L  7     Lords of Light, Kings of Speed
 L  8     Rock City  {Hashish}
 L  9     Love In Space       {Assassins}
 L  9     The Ambient Anarchists  {Assassin}
 L 10     Theta Orionis [bootleg CD]
 L 11     Strange Daze '97

      *   1a is an edit of 1
      *   2a and 2b are from the same tour
      *   6 and 6a are from the same tour
      *   9 is the segue at the end of Space Is Their Palestine

So it's the version form the Love In Space live album.

Cheers

FoFP