HW: IITBOTFTBD (was: Sonic Attack)

Fri Oct 11 19:19:13 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:14:01PM -0400, Chris Raymond typed out:
> I think Living on a Knife Edge is a completely great HW song. I would die
> happy if this was played live someday. I love this album too. My least
> favorite HW album was always IITBOTFTBD.
> I have not listened to it for many years, I should check it out.

        That's ironic, what with `Living On A Knife Edge' being recycled
for that album. Or is that why you dislike it so?

        I admit at this time that _Space Bandits_ and IItBotFTBD are the
two core HW albums I don't have. All the others but not those, in some
official form or other. Oh, and _Live 79_ but that's just out of being
useless rather than actual policy. But of those two I've heard so many bad
reviews that I have to have money to hand I'm willing to chuck away before
I'll chance it.

        Things of musical note I have been spending on of late, Queens of
the Stone Age's _Songs for the Deaf_ which is utterly marvellous and I
will brook no argument on this; Magic Muscle's _Gulp_ which *ought* to be
great given the people involved but really really isn't, Farflung's _Nine
Pin Body_ which everyone needs but why oh why can't he do both AL and
Farflung for heavens sakes? and Chrome's _Tidal Forces: no Humans Allowed
Pt 2_, my first Chrome ever and knowingly the reformed version but firstly
it has Grenas again and that's generally fairly safe (The Brain
excepted) and secondly it's on Man's Ruin so I'll never ever see it again.

        Things I would be spending on if they were yet anywhere I could
buy them: Blue Oyster Cult's _Long Day's Night_, Porcupine Tree's _In
Absentia_ (OK, yes, I could get both these on import, but I want to buy
them both in a shop by way of propaganda and also I'm not getting the PT
one till I know that the UK version I could wait for won't have extra
tracks on, burnt one too many times by that outfit) and Bedouin's
self-titled, which I see Alan is advertising as a Voiceprint re-release
but I haven't yet see float through any mail-order lists I peruse.

        But I digress, dear friends, I digress... Yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCD: Kyuss - _Blues For The Red Sun_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk