Studio Album

Colin J Allen colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Oct 12 17:54:55 EDT 2002

I think that one should remember that Dave is involved in legal proceedings
which, inevitably, get in the way of making an album.  However, I am still
confident that we will see a studio album soon.

Also, do not believe everything that Nik puts out about who is "on his
side";).

Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Raymond" <chrisr at TIAC.NET>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 3:55 AM
Subject: Studio Album

I think it is very nice that HW are playing these upcoming gigs, but when
are we going to have a new album to buy!!!! I will be happy too buy all the
live albums and stuff, but what about this new album we have been hearing
about for an eternity? I looked on MC and did not see a reference to it
(although I am sure there is one) Does anyone have a clue about the status
of this project?

Also, is this the Death Generator project? Although we heard from those
suspicious emails that were floating around that Mike Moorcock is not on
good terms with Dave Brock, it still says on MC that they are collaborating,
I copied this from MC:
-------------
FUTURE PLANS: Our current project is ' Destruction of The Death Generator'
which is being written in conjunction with Michael Moorcock. We have been
working in conjunction with both Mike Moorcock and Mike Butterworth, and we
are now in the process of rehearsing the material, which will hopefully be
recorded in the spring. Following rehearsals of the stage show, the band
will tour late summer. The line up will contain the current nucleus, coupled
with some past members who have featured in the band during the past 30
years, similar to the highly successful Y2k Hawkestra event at the Brixton
Academy. We are also currently reviewing plans to do another tour of
Australia & New Zealand, maybe later in the year......
So does this mean that here is a studio album that has already been recorded
and about to be released, and then the Death Generator to be released later
in 2003? Sorry to sound unhappy, but I have gotten fat, old and grey since
In your Area was released. Finally, I hope that when there is a new album to
buy, that it will available in stores instead of just by mailorder.
Take care,
Chris