HW: a lost spirit of the p/age!

Sat Oct 12 18:24:19 EDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 08:16:41AM -0400, Jerry Kranitz typed out:
> > Do add my encouragement if it'll help; I've lost a good few hours to that
> >site and was hoping to lose some more. Does this mean he got whatever
> academic >qualification the `projekte' was designed for or not?
>
> I'm not quite following on the academic qualification. But I'd certainly
> call the site a good textbook example of using the web primarily as a "WEB"
> of links to related information, with the graphics and multimedia only
> supplementing the INFORMATION.

        Damn straight.

        The academic thing I say because I seem to remember, from the days
when it was up, that the whole `projekte' domain and the Project thereon
was Knut's work for some media degree or something he was doing. I can't
remember the details because of course, the site was there any time I
wanted to check. I just wondered what his luck had been with it, being of
the academic bent myself. But I suppose you would know what I meant if you
knew.

        Still, he got to play the part of Calvert at the Hawkfest in
Germany, didn't he, so he did quite well out of it in one sense at least
:-) Yours,
           Jon

ObCD: The Bevis Frond - _Live At The Great American Music Hall_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk