OFF: Mountain

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Sun Oct 20 08:40:45 EDT 2002

I don't know how many people still buy Mountain albums, but did  anybody else pick up their new one, "Mystic Fire"?  I'm curious what people think of it.  I think it's pretty decent.  Although it's more of a balls-out rocker than "classic" Mountain, due to the departure (from the band and this world) of Felix and his hippie asthetic.  Leslie's in control now, and he's a no apologies axe slinger and riff monger.

Overall, I'd say they've aged well. . . mostly because Leslie seems not to have aged at all mentally or emotionally.  :)

--Nick