About this Huw DVD

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Oct 21 18:43:37 EDT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, John Majka wrote:

:Subject: About this Huw DVD
:
:I know people have discussed this before on the list, but I don't seem to
:recall seeing any concrete information... will this Huw DVD-R play on US
:players?  I am definitely interested if this is the case.
:John Majka
:jmajka2 at comcast.net

Steve Litchfield said:

In answer to the question yesterday, the Huw DVD is not region coded. So
as long as your TV/PC equipment handles PAL video, the DVD will be fine.

See http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/hawkwind/huwdvd.htm

....so, unless your setup handles PAL (which, by default in the US, it
won't), then you won't be able to play it.

You could get a video converter, though....

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559