HW: Huw DVD/PAL

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 24 08:14:09 EDT 2002

Both the tv and the DVD player definitely matter. I have seen my US region
DVDs fail on my friends brand new widescreen tv. The DVD player was multi-
region which means that the widescreen tv couldn't hack the NTSC signal.
There was no setting for NTSC on the on-screen menu of the tv, only PAL.
The picture comes out kind of black and white. I can't quite remember how I
did it but I think one way round it is route the signal through a video
player using the SCART lead. I assume the video player has to be able to
take an NTSC signal and will convert it to PAL for the tv.

Alastair.